While we are deeply saddened by the loss of our son, it has been all of you that have helped us get through.
With a memorial, we look forward to sharing this time together to honor the brief but bright light that was Red Layne.
Sunday, Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Part I: 10 a.m. to noon
Greenwich House Music School
46 Barrow St., New York, NY 10014
Musical performances of Red’s favorite songs & speakers
Viewing of Jeremy Fisher Mural in Red’s classroom
Part II: noon to 2 p.m.
Downing Street Playground
32 Carmine St., New York, NY 10014
Activities for children including chalk drawings for Red
Sing-along at 1 p.m. & viewing of a mural in Red’s honor
Refreshments will be served
Outdoor event, please dress accordingly
We designed this memorial as two-part event to accommodate as many folks as possible. While small children are certainly welcome at both parts, the second is much more geared toward their participation.
Please note seating will be limited at the Greenwich House portion.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At both events, we will be collecting written memories from guests of experiences with Red. These memories won’t be read at the services but rather serve as keepsakes for the parents.
We welcome all to participate. Feel free to write your memory in advance and bring it with you to drop in our collection box. Paper any size up to 8×11 with specific memories of Red are welcome. We will also have some paper and pens available if you prefer to write at the ceremony.
For those who cannot attend but would still like to share your memory, we ask that you mail your memory to P.O. Box 231, Springtown, PA 18081 by Dec. 10. These will be collected before the memorial and hand delivered to the event.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Click here to see or share pictures of Red.
The family appreciates donations to organizations that were part of Red’s life: the Greenwich House Music School, Downing Street Playgroup, and The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp.
To donate to Greenwich House Music School:
- Go the Greenwich House Music School’s donation website
- Under ‘Designation,’ choose ‘Music School General’ or ‘Music School General Scholarship Fund.’
- In the comments section, please put “In honor of Red Layne and family.”
To donate to Downing Street Playgroup:
- Go to the Downing Street Playgroup’s donation site and follow the instructions to donate in Red’s name on the site.
To donate to The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp:
- Go The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp’s donation page
- Please check the box that says “Yes, this is an tribute or memorial gift”
- In the drop-down menu labeled “Honor Gift Type,” select “In Memory of”
- Enter “Red Layne” under “Honoree name”